I am applying to ride in a dressage clinic with David Marcus, of the Canadian Olympic team. He is originally from my home town and is giving a clinic just 45 short minutes away from where I keep Kozy now.
I am a bundle of nerves in applying. Part of me thinks “Why would they accept a no body, low level rider with a green rescue horse to partake in a clinic of this caliber?”. But the other pat of me thinks “Why not apply? Why not!?! Take the chance…”
I’m going to go for it and apply and just hope for the best. I’m writing a short letter to the committee assigned to picking the riders for the clinic explaining why this clinic would mean a lot to me.
My biggest worry is that I will get into the clinic and will not be able to afford the $500+ fee for the clinic.
If I apply for this, would my friends and followers help? If I started a GoFundMe to take me to an Olympic clinic, would anyone be willing or able to help?
I’ve given money to 3 different people on Tumblr in their times of equine lust that they could not afford… isn’t it time that I get a little something too? I’m lucky enough to have my one-in-a-million rescue horse… but could I get this one-in-a-million clinic too?
Please message me off anon so we can talk about the saddle! I’m desperate to sell it!
Anonymous said: Hey, saw the saddle for sale- where would i be shipped from? I am moving to school abroad- in Austria, and would need something like this shipped there. Are you located in europe?
This saddle is being shipped from Nebraska, USA!
brookeali said: I am so so sorry for your loss. Red lived a wonderful and fulfilling life and you guys were a great team.
ginabean said: I'm so sorry to hear about Red <3 losing him is probably so hard for you. Let me know if you ever need to talk. I'll keep you in my thoughts
palominoheart said: I am so, so sorry to hear about Red. You two were one of my favorite pairs on this site and he was truly a very talented horse. Again, I am so sorry for your loss :(
- 1. Why did you start riding?
- 2. What was the name of the first horse you rode?
- 3. The horse that taught you the most?
- 4. Scariest riding experience?
- 5. Riding related pet peeve?
- 6. Picture of your first horse?
- 7. Biggest achievement in riding so far?
- 8. Which discipline do you do?
- 9. If you could try a different discipline, which would you pick?
- 10. Showing or trail riding?
- 11. Thoroughbreds or warmbloods?
- 12. Favourite breed of horse?
- 13. Best riding advice you've ever gotten?
- 14. What does everyone need to know about horses?
- 15. Colourful or traditional tack?
- 16. Favourite part of the equestrian community?
- 17. Least favourite part?
- 18. Goals for riding?
- 19. Worst advice you've ever gotten?
- 20. Were you ever "that one horse girl" in school?
- 21. Most embarrassing moment?
- 22. What is the best part of riding right now?
- 23. What do you want to change about the way you ride?
- 24. Favourite famous horse?
- 25. The worst habit a horse could have is?
- 26. Do you listen to music when you ride? What songs?
- 27. Favourite place to show at? Post a picture?
- 28. Are you a nervous rider?
- 29. Ever been on a horse- themed holiday?
- 30. If you knew you could, what would you change about the horse world?
- 31. What are the goals behind the way you ride and train your horses?
- 32. Describe your perfect horse.
- 33. What is in your grooming bucket?
- 34. Worst ride ever?
- 35. Do your parents and friends support your riding?
- 36. Worst fall you've ever had?
- 37. Most recent fall?
- 38. Favourite riding outfit?
- 39. Riding idol?
- 40. Are you going to have a career with horses?
- 41. Do you have any equitation flaws you'd like to fix?
- 42. Are there any styles/ trends/ etc that you don't like in the horse world?
- 43. Any training methods that you completely disagree with?
- 44. What is your grooming routine?
- 45. Thoughts on riding without a helmet?
- 46. Small or big horses?
- 47. Funniest show name you've ever heard?
- 48. What would you name your dream horse?
- 49. Favourite colour of horse?
- 50. For or against spurs, crops and artificial aids?
- 51. Describe your horse, if you have one!
- 52. How high have you jumped?
- 53. Do you have a job with horses?
- 54. How many times a week are you at the barn?
- 55. Have you ever catch ridden?
- 56. Bareback or saddle?
- 57. Thoughts on liberty?
- 58. Rider you would like to meet?
- 59. Any other facts about yourself and your horses!
I love my boy too much to see him at the rescue. It makes me think of him as a rescue. And while the director of the rescue is a good lady, she doesn’t listen to me at ALL when it comes to Red’s care, and I just can’t have that. I want him somewhere easier to access where there isn’t a load of responsibility or work requirements to go see him.